CERTIFICATION OF INTERIM FILINGS
I, Ray Basler, Chief Executive Officer of Calian Technologies Ltd., certify the following:
1. Review: I have reviewed the interim financial statements and interim MD&A (together, the "Interim filings") of
Calian Technologies Ltd. (the "issuer") for the interim period ended March 31, 2010.
2. No misrepresentations: Based on my knowledge, having exercised reasonable diligence, the Interim filings do
not contain any untrue statement of a material fact or omit to state a material fact required to be stated or that is
necessary to make a statement not misleading in light of the circumstances under which it was made, with respect
to the period covered by the interim filings.
3. Fair presentation: Based on my knowledge, having exercised reasonable diligence, the interim financial
statements together with the other financial information included in the interim filings fairly present in all material
respects the financial condition, results of operations and cash flows of the issuer, as of the date of and for the
periods presented in the interim filings.
4. Responsibility: The issuer's other certifying officer and I are responsible for establishing and maintaining
disclosure controls and procedures (DC&P) and internal control over financial reporting (ICFR), as those terms are
defined in National Instrument 52-109 Certification of Disclosure in Issuers' Annual and Interim Filings, for the
5. Design: Subject to the limitations, if any, described in paragraphs 5.2 and 5.3, the issuer's other certifying officer
and I have, as at the end of the period covered by the interim filings
(a) designed DC&P, or caused it to be designed under our supervision, to provide reasonable assurance that
(i) material information relating to the issuer is made known to us by others, particularly during the period in
which the interim filings are being prepared: and
(ii) information required to be disclosed by the issuer in its annual filings, interim filings or other reports filed
or submitted by it under securities legislation is recorded, processed, summarized and reported within the
time periods specified in securities legislation; and
(b) designed ICFR, or caused it to be designed under our supervision, to provide reasonable assurance regarding
the reliability of financial reporting and the preparation of financial statements for external purposes in
accordance with the issuer's GAAP.
5.1 Control framework: The control framework the issuer's other certifying officer and I used to design the issuer's
ICFR is the Internal Control Integrated Framework (COSO Framework) published by The Committee of
Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO).
5.2 ICFR - material weakness relating to design: N/A
5.3 Limitation on scope of design: N/A
6. Reporting changes in ICFR: The issuer has disclosed in its interim MD&A any change in the issuer's ICFR that
occurred during the period beginning on January 1, 2010 and ended on March 31, 2010 that has materially
affected, or is reasonably likely to materially affect, the issuer's ICFR.
Date: May 5, 2010
Chief Executive Officer