Baja Mining Corp. (BAJ)

Company Overview

Baja is involved in the exploration and development of its mineral properties in Mexico, with focus shifting to full construction and development of its El Boleo copper-cobalt-zinc- manganese deposit, located near Santa Rosalia, Baja California Sur, Mexico. The Company owns its 70% interest in the Boleo Project through its wholly owned Luxembourg subsidiary, Baja International S.à r.l., which owns 100% of a Luxembourg subsidiary, Boleo International S.à r.l., which in turn owns 70% of the shares of Minera y Metalurgica del Boleo S.A. de C.V. ("MMB"). MMB holds all mineral and property rights for Boleo. The remaining 30% of Boleo is owned by a Korean Consortium (the "Consortium"), which acquired their interest in June 2008. The Boleo Project is located on the east coast of Baja California Sur, Mexico, near the town of Santa Rosalia, some 900 kilometers south of San Diego. The deposit contains seven mineralized seams, called "mantos", stacked within a single formation, all dipping gently to the east towards the Sea of Cortez in a step-like fashion, due to post depositional faulting. The Boleo Project consists of roughly 12,000 hectares of mineral concessions and 7,000 hectares of surface occupancy rights, each assembled as part of a contiguous titled block. The project is located within the "buffer zone" of the El Vizcaino Biosphere (the "Biosphere"), a Mexican National environmental reserve; and the required Environmental Impact Manifest ("EIM") has been approved by Mexican authorities, allowing the project to be built and operated in the buffer zone of the biosphere. The Boleo Project is being developed as a series of underground mines using conventional soft rock mining methods, along with small open-cut mines, feeding ore to a processing plant. This plant will utilize a two-stage leaching circuit, followed by solid/liquid separation and solvent extraction/electrowinning to produce copper and cobalt as metal, zinc as zinc sulfate monohydrate and, at some point, manganese - probably as manganese carbonate.

COMPANY INFO

To see the headquarters in Google Street View &trade, drag this yellow guy: over to the red pointer:

Contact Information:

Business Address: 500 - 200 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC
V6C 3L6
Mailing Address: 500 - 200 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC
V6C 3L6
Phone: 604 685-2323
Email: kendra.low@bajamining.com
Website: -

Company Details:

Market Cap: -
Year of Inc: July 15, 1985
Year Ends: December 31, 2012
Sector: -
Industry: junior natural resource - mining
Employees: -
CEO: -

LATEST ARTICLES

Baja Mining Corp. Stock (TSE:BAJ), (PINK:BAJFF) Is Stirred by the... April 04, 2011

The shares of Baja Minig Corp. ( TSE:BAJ ), (PINK:BAJFF) were positively stirred after the company announced its end-2010 financial statements and its annual information form. This happened last Thursday and probably inspired the stock for a surge. It is not clear for how long the advance of the shares will hold, though. During the last two sessions, BAJ added 9% to its value, finishing the week at $1.10. The turnover was much more impressive. The 7.39M shares that changed hands on...read more

With A Delay, Baja Mining Corp. (TSE:BAJ), (PINK:BAJFF) Stock Becomes Most... September 28, 2010

Yesterday, the trading statistics of the Toronto Stock Exchange noted that Baja Mining Corp. ( TSE:BAJ ), (PINK:BAJFF) stock was the volume gainer of the day. With a trading volume of more than 30.3 million shares, BAJ surpassed even the fund Horizons BetaPro NYMEX Natural Gas Bull+ ETF (HNU) and the merged and traded for the last time Biovail Corporation (BVF). BAJ stock stir happened on no company's news, as if to compensate the still not reflected in the stock performance previous...read more

BAJA MINING CORP. (BAJ) MESSAGE BOARD

Post # Subject Re Name Date
1 Between 8 to 9 tons were tested at... 0
2 Paul: He used words like pilot process and... 0
3 Hi Ken, I thought Baja ran a Pilot mine.... 1
4 I understand a pilot was run? 1
5 No pilot mill has ever tested this ore to... 2